Electric snow melting systems can keep walkways, parking garage / loading ramps, stairways and other areas free of snow and ice to help prevent slip hazards.
Electric Snow Melting System
Pentair Thermal Management offers heat trace cables that provide surface snow melting and anti-icing for concrete surfaces and pavers. These snow melt systems keep walkways, parking garages, loading ramps, stairways and other areas free of snow and ice to help prevent slip hazards.
Whereas other surface snow melting systems, such as hydronic heating systems, require a complex design that:
- Requires regular maintenance to various components
- Can be an environmental hazard as there is a potential risk of leaking glycol into the soil
Pentair Thermal Management electric snow melting systems have a simple design that are maintenance free and do not present any environmental hazards.
We offer two fully integrated electric surface snow melting systems, which include:
- Electric heat trace cables — the Raychem ElectroMelt heat trace cables for concrete surfaces and pavers which reduces heat output automatically as the pavement warms; or Pyrotenax mineral insulated (MI) heat trace cables for concrete, asphalt, and pavers which provides constant power output
- Connection kits and accessories – items for making electrical connections and properly completing the installation, such as power connection and end seal kits, junction boxes, and caution signs
- Advanced control systems – devices such as sensing thermostats and controllers, monitor and/or control the heat trace cable to help maintain the temperature of the surface
- Power distribution system – electric panels for installations that require power distribution with single-phase or three-phase circuits