Roofs and gutters can be severely damaged by ice buildup. Ice dams and icicles form when the accumulated snow on a roof melts, and refreezes at the eaves and valleys during the evening. As the cycle continues and the ice dam continues to grow it prevents the melted water from properly draining off of the roof. Eventually, icicles begin to form, potentially creating both structural damage and safety issues.
Roof & Gutter De-Icing Heat Trace System
Pentair Thermal Management offers a roof & gutter de-icing system that provides gutter protection and helps prevent the formation of ice dams and icicle on facilities such as office buildings, warehouses, storage facilities and production buildings.
The roof and gutter heating cable maintains a continuous path for roof snow melt to drain from the roof through the gutter and downspout. This heat trace cable system is ideal for installation on:
- Roofs made from standard roofing materials including shake, shingle, rubber, tar, wood, metal and plastic
- Gutters made from standard materials including metal, plastic and wood
- Downspouts made from standard materials including metal and plastic
Pentair Thermal Management’ roof & gutter de-icing system is a simple design consisting of:
- Electric heat trace cables - the Raychem IceStop self-regulating heat trace cable automatically adjusts its power output to compensate for temperature variations
- Connection kits and accessories - items for making electrical connections and properly completing the installation, such as power connections, end seals and attachment clips and ties
- Advanced control systems - devices such as thermostats, controllers and sensors, help trigger the system to energize when the ambient temperature is below freezing, ensure that the roof de-icing system is energy efficient and help maintain the temperature of the roof
- Power distribution system - electric panels for installations that require power distribution with single-phase or three-phase circuits