There is nothing worse than being without water ̶ especially in winter. Extremely low ambient temperatures can cause liquid in water pipes to freeze and swell, resulting in the bursting of the pipe. The aftermath includes costly repairs and the inconvenience of being without water. For residential applications, a pipe freeze protection system offers a simple solution to keep pipes from freezing.
Pipe Freeze Protection Heat Trace System
Pentair Thermal Management uses electric heat trace cables for preventing pipes from freezing. Our pipe freeze protection options include attaching a Raychem heat trace cable to the exterior of a pipe, or installing an In-Pipe cable system on the inside of a pipe.
Preventing frozen pipes by heat tracing the exterior of a pipe:
For above ground pipes where the heat trace cable should be attached to the exterior of the pipe, we offer the following options:
- Raychem FrostGuard preassembled heating cable system comes with a 6-ft power cord and is available as either a Plug-n-Play kit (120 V) with a lighted plug to show the system has power, or as a hardwired version (240 V). It is ideal for metal and plastic pipes up to 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Available 120 V lengths include: 6, 12, 18, 24, 36, 50, 75 and 100 feet. Available 240 V lengths include: 6, 12, 18 and 24 feet.
- Raychem Gardian preassembled heating cable system comes with a 2.5-ft power cord and is available as either a Plug-n-Play kit (120 V) with a plug, or as a hardwired version (240 V). It is ideal for metal and plastic pipes up to 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Available 120 V lengths include: 6, 12, 18, 24, 50, 75 and 100 feet. Available 240 V lengths for include: 6, 12, 18 and 24 feet.
- Raychem Frostex heating cable system is a cut-to-length self-regulating cable with FlexFit plug for small residential water pipes up to 2 inches in diameter. Available 120 V lengths include: 50, 100, 250 and 500 feet.
The Raychem WinterGard system is a more economical cut-to-length solution for both metal and plastic pipes up to 6 inches in diameter.
- It is intended for less critical applications that require lower maximum circuit lengths, or lower power output
- It includes a variety of heat trace cables and connection kits and a basic controller without monitoring or alarm capabilities
- It is covered by a 2-year warranty
- It is approved for above ground water supply pipe freeze protection
|Brand||Max Circuit Length (ft)||Heating Cable Output (W/ft)||Outer Jacket||Connection Kits||Pipe Sizes||Limited Warranty||Rated|
|Raychem WinterGard||250||3||Braid Only||H900, H908||Up to 2||2 Years||120 V|
|Raychem WinterGard Plus||400||6||Braid Only||H900, H908||Up to 6"||2 Years||120 V, 208-240 V|
|Raychem WinterGard Wet||400||6||Braid and outer jacket||H900, H908||Up to 6"||2 Years||120 V, 208-240 V|
Preventing frozen pipes by heat tracing the inside of a pipe:
For buried pipes or applications where it is more convenient to heat the pipe from the inside, we offer three different Raychem In-Pipe heat trace cables: In-Pipe Mini, Miser, or Retro heating cable.