Industrial longline heating is necessary to heat long pipelines, like transfer lines between processing plants or between storage or transportation facilities, for pipe freeze protection, condensation prevention, viscosity control, or temperature maintenance.
The complexity of this pipe heat trace system comes from the need for long electrical circuit lengths, usually with a single electrical power point.
- Tank farms, piers for ocean transport vessels, and pipes between petrochemical facilities are all ideal applications for longline heating systems.
- Watch the Raychem Skin-Effect Heat Tracing System (STS) Sulphur Pipeline video that demonstrates the sulphur pipeline capabilities for the Skin-Effect Heat Tracing system
Longline Heating – A Complete Heat Management System Approach
Pentair Thermal Management offers a wide range of industry-proven longline heating solutions as a complete heat management system which includes the selection of appropriate pipe heat trace technologies, advanced control system technologies, in addition to turnkey services, such as engineering design services and site services.
- Electric heat trace cables – heat trace cables that maintain the temperature of non-flowing fluids by replacing the heat lost through the thermal insulation on pipes, vessels and associated equipment.
- Control and monitoring solutions – devices such as thermostats, controllers, and electric panels that monitor and/or control heat trace cables to help maintain the temperature of the fluid through a heat traced pipe.
- Components and accessories – items for making electrical connections and properly completing the installation, such as end terminations, glass tape and warning labels.
We can supply the individual components, provide engineering design services and will even install and maintain the entire system.
When our advanced heat trace products are combined with our services, you get an integrated solution that is strategically planned and executed for an optimum heat management system (HMS). By managing and executing all aspects of the heat trace system design and installation, we provide a single interface to your project team.